My aunt shared some roses with us and I took a photo of a blossom. My flash went off by mistake and I got this photo with my iPhone. It darkened the background and gave the rose a somewhat porcelain look and turned the other roses green.
Here’s the actual rose.
I tried the watercolor effect first on Photoshop.
Then I tried the poster edges. It gave it a sort of pen and ink look to it.
This Photoshop filter is called plastic wrap.
Then I tried the crosshatch brush strokes. I rather liked this effect the best.
Art says he likes the original rose best. I think it’s fun playing with the different media effects. One of these days I’ll have to get my brother over here to teach me a few more tricks.